Sunday, March 15, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMA!


Today is my Mom's (Mary Ellen's) BIRTHDAY! We had all our family together last night at her house and had a celebration time. My mom is a wonderful lady loved by the DROVES! She raised us 7 bra...I mean WONDERFUL chillins (as she calls us!)
For those of you who don't know her...well you're missin out! She has lived in California for the past ...going on 50 years...yet refuses to lose her Bostonian accent (she was born and raised in Massachusetts). But if she ever lost it, it wouldn't be fun making fun of her anymowa!
I am thankful for my mom...and for all she has done for me in my life...and continues to do. Even though I was the 7th...she still had lot's of mothering stored up in her heart to pour on me. I had a birthday party almost every year...Lot's of hot, cooked breakfasts before school. Treats in my lunch pail, MANY camping trips, piano lessons (to which are still paying off today!) , lot's of hugs, sacrifices made to make me happy, and some good life lessons (including the time I came into the high school office with a forged note to excuse my absence from school---the secretary was on the phone as I handed her the note---her eyes got a little big as she said "Oh, apparently Mrs. Moore, your daughter is right here and just handed me a note....(now looking at me)---your mom wants to talk to you!----I was shaking in my boots and said "H.h.h.ello?" ---to her reply --"You're CAUGHT!" Needless to say I got my car taken away and had to take the bus the rest of the school year! Thank GOD for MOMS!!!
Thanks for EVERYTHING Mom!
I speak for us 7 kids, and TWENTYSOMETHING grandkids...including 3 great grandchildren...we love you so much and look forward to MANY MANY more years of celebrating you!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers