Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Through the Mouth of my Babes

My son received his newest Lego magazine yesterday. I was happy for him because Legos are his most favorite toy to play with. It gives him hours of time to build and create something. The thing is...those darn pieces cost a bundle! $55.00 for 2 hours of building time...yep...he builds them in a matter of 2 hours (depending on how many pieces...but that is the basic time frame)

So he's been staring non-stop at what he would like me to put in his Easter basket. He has shown me everything he would like...3 times at least. He basically is eating/drinking/and sleeping his Lego book right now. To be honest...it's been starting to irritate me a bit. So I told him this morning that we needed to change the subject and that I knew what he wanted 3 times over already. I did have to put the Mommy threat "Bradley, if you don't stop talking about it, I will have to take the magazine away." That stopped it briefly.

So here I was browsing my computer while Bradley (of course) was gazing adoringly at his Lego book. Perhaps what happened next was an act of Mommy's influence of spiritual teaching, or just Bradley's intense personality shining bright...or just simply an act of the Holy Spirit speaking in His still, small voice to my son (I'm sure it is the latter) :

Bradley (staring into the amazing Lego book): "Mommy, is it bad if some people like Lego's more than God?"

Mommy - "Yes son, it says in the word of God that we are to love Him with ALL our strength, ALL our mind, and ALL our soul...so loving anything more than God is not good. But son, if you are ever feeling like you are loving Legos more than God, you can just ask Him to forgive you and ask Him to help you not to. We can't do anything without His help"

Bradley - (listening with his heart..I could tell) "Mommy...I feel like I don't like reading my bible anymore."

Mommy - (turning away from the computer looking into my sons eyes to take advantage of a teachable moment) "Son...you want to know the way to cure that feeling?"

Bradley - "How?"

Mommy - "Go ahead and read it anyway's...right away!"

Bradley - "OK...I'm going to go do that right now"

He set down his Lego book...and read 2 chapters of his bible!

Bradley - "I'm done, I read 2 chapters"

Mommy - "Do you feel like you like reading it again?"

Bradley - "Yes I do"

Mommy - "Good job..whenever you feel that way again...just go read your bible and pray"

I think I just learned some lessons myself through the mouth of my babe!


Ok...right after this another cute little diddly happened with my daughter Kelsie boo. We began writing in a journal together. She writes something to me, then I write back. I learned about it at a mommy conference I went to. It has been a very special thing between us....but I would like to share something sweet that brought tears to my eyes from our journal.

Mommy - Hey Kelsie girl, I want to thank you for working really hard today at your chores and your school work. I appreciate you and your obedience. You really show that you honor me. I know it must not be easy with your mommy being pregnant right now. I know I haven't been myself a whole lot. Sorry love, it won't be like this forever! I love you, Mommy

Kelsie - I know. It is kind of harder now that your pregnant. But I still love you. I was wondering if Nanny can come over and watch the Wild with us tonight. Pleeeeeease pretty please say YES. You know how much I love Nanny. Don't you? Well, anyway, please say yes. Love ya

Well, the first part made me sniffle...it just poured grace into my heart to hear that my little 9 year old was giving me understanding. Of course if blesses me to hear how much she loves my mom. I am so blessed by my children. They teach me so much by their inhibition to love, forgive and show grace. May I learn from my babies. I hope this touched your heart in a special way too.

Well, my tummy is expanding...and tonight I need to take a leap unto the Maternity side and buy some comfy clothes! I'm kind of excited...maybe I'll post some pictures of my new MOOMOO wardrobe:)

1 comment:

  1. What a very special post and what a very special mommy you are. The Lord is smiling on you Kristie Lou....I love those kids more than you know and I'm pretty crazy about their parents too.

    XXOOO

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers